Jessica Mascher LMT & Perinatal Services #MA60468033
Doula Services: Due to Covid interviews are only being offered virtually at this time. To book your interview please click here
I did my birth doula training in 2010 and since then I have been very lucky to work with some amazing, powerful, and strong families throughout their perinatal period. I have helped families in their homes, birth centers and at hospitals. I have assisted at unmedicated births, medicated births, C-sections, VBACs, silent births, and hypnobirths. At this time I also was introduced to the idea of sibling doula support. As a one-upon-a-time career nanny this seemed like the perfect blend of worlds, both understanding the requirements of an on call lifestyle, offering prenatal support to the family through email, texting, and meeting, but with the hands on support during labor and immediately postpartum being to that of the older children in the family. I then went on to do my postpartum doula training in 2016 and am currently in the midst of my Newborn Care Specialist Training!
My main priority is to support the family to feel safe, heard, and confident with the care I provide them in whatever point in their perinatal journey.
As your doula, I am working for you, not your caregiver or hospital. Throughout our relationship I will provide the following to the best of my ability:
- Emotional support, prenatally, throughout labor, and in the postpartum period to ALL members of the family.
- An experienced and objective viewpoint.
- Assistance in obtaining information in order to make informed decisions.
- Massage and therapeutic touch to assist in tension reduction, keeping stress mild, and releasing connective tissue restrictions that could be impacting labor or commonly arise in the postpartum period.
- Ideas for position changes to allow for comfort and ideal positioning of baby throughout labor and for delivery.
- To facilitate communication between the family and healthcare providers.
- Suggestions and techniques to enhance labor and ease pain.
- Support, attention, and care for older children in the home.
- Feeding support for your baby during postpartum- in whatever way that looks like (breast, bottle, formula, or combo)
- Postpartum Support
- I do NOT provide medical advice
Postpartum Doula Support (Offered Newborn-3 months):
1 phone or in person interview
Support with hands-on babycare
Babywearing, diapering, and feeding education
Research and information assistance
Support with household chores
Birth Doula Package:
I offer multiple birth doula package options. They are as follows:
Tier 1 Package: $1,600. Includes birth doula services only. 2 prenatal visits, unlimited phone and email support, on-call availability from 38 weeks until baby arrives, presence throughout labor and delivery and immediately postpartum, and one post-birth visit within 1 week following delivery.
Tier 2 Package: $1,800. Includes everything listed above as well as $250 in additional services.
Tier 3 Package: $2,100. Everything mentioned in the Tier 1 package as well as $600 in additional services.
Sibling Support Doula Package
Sibling doula support is a combination of both prenatal birth support and in person support to the older child during labor, delivery, and immediately postpartum. This service is offered to families birthing at home, hospital, or birth center.
Includes 2 prenatal visits to get to know your child, phone and email support for pregnancy, birth, and sibling related questions, on- call availability from 38 weeks until delivery, assurance of back up I am unavailable due to illness or emergency, presence and care to older child(ren) during labor and delivery and postpartum, if desired.
Cost: $1600 for 2 prenatals and first (up-to) 24 hours of care. $35/hour for any care beyond 24 hours.